Senior Design/Projects Engineer – Galway
Ward Automation is a leading designer and manufacturer of world-class bespoke automation solutions, specialising in the medical device, pharmaceutical and high end manufacturing industries.
At our facility in Galway, we are committed to delivering innovative, high quality automation equipment and robotic machines which automate highly complex manufacturing processes for our customers around the world.
You will lead the design automated machinery for a broad range of interesting projects in the field of life-saving medical devices. Develop innovative and robust machine concepts. Lead a design team in a collaborative and flexible environment, using state of the art technologies. Competently present concepts, proposals and project status to internal and external stakeholders. Lead projects from initial concept, costings, detailed design through to final machine debug and test, ensuring technical and commercial targets are met. Motivate and lead others.
- Develop appropriate proposals in response to customer enquiries
- Design robust and user-friendly custom equipment using 3d CAD(Solidworks)
- Maintain professional and timely communications with customer and project team
- Mentors team members
- Develop project objectives for project quality, schedule and budget
- Identify project risks and mitigate impact
- Ensure project budgets and technical objectives are met
- Ensure equipment meets CE safety requirements
- Build strong working relationships with customers, suppliers & project team
- Primary Degree BSc / BEng
- Strong mechanical aptitude with demonstrated experience in a similar equipment design role
- 4+ years in a leadership role in design of complex equipment to highest quality standards
Key Skills & Attributes
- Track record in innovative design of complex equipment
- Excellent communication and team leadership skills
- Competently manages quality, technical, schedule and budgetary requirements
- Knowledge of precision toolmaking and fabrication
- Strong CAD skills (Solidworks preferred)
- Proactive and solutions focused with excellent organisational skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and adjust as needed to changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and mentor staff
At Ward Automation we offer professional development opportunities with an attractive salary and remuneration package that includes a variety of benefit options including Pension and Health Insurance.
Working on exciting new projects as part of an experienced, collaborative and innovative team with flexible working hours, in the ever-popular Galway City, our aim is to help you succeed in your career, while also having a balanced and healthy personal life.