Automation Proposals / Sales Engineer
The Automation Proposals / Sales Engineer is a highly technical role that is crucial to the success of producing the company’s high quality automation equipment for use in the Medical Device and Life Science industries. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineer to work as part of the sales and engineering team. You will have the opportunity of working on proposals with cutting edge automation technologies such as robotics, vision systems and seeing the concepts become reality on our factory floor.
This is a customer facing role with responsibility for meeting customer needs and developing lasting partnerships with key customers.
- Consult with client to get a full understanding of their specific needs, review User Requirements Specifications (URS) and get clarification on all queries.
- Facilitate in house brainstorming meetings with manager/ design department
- Generate proposals and accurate costings for custom complex automation systems.
- Work closely with the design departments and research various technologies for the application, compile technical data as required while developing proposals.
- Present proposals to customers and drive opportunities to completion though telephone, video and in person meetings / presentations.
- Facilitate handover meeting to projects & design departments at start of project.
- Maintain trust & develop lasting partnerships with new and existing customers.
- Attend industry events & tradeshows to promote the company offerings.
- Liaise with marketing on promotional materials and technical articles.
- Seek out market and competitor intelligence and report on sales activity & market / competitor activity as required.
- Work closely with and report to the Business Development Manager on open proposals, business won etc.
- Travel to customer sites including some overseas travel as necessary to achieve results is a requirement of the role.
- Proven track record of successfully conceptualising, proposing and selling automation solutions, ideally gained within the Medical Device or Life Science industries.
- Experience of researching and working with the latest automation technologies.
- Capability to create innovative concept proposals to challenging processes.
- Have a good understanding of CE and machine safety requirements.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement in our proposals / sales process and implement improvements to maximise efficiency.
- Trustworthy & self motivated.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in 2D or 3D CAD modelling desirable.
Applicants should have at least 5 years experience in a similar role.
Qualification to level 8 in Engineering discipline desirable.
Full Drivers Licence as travel will be required.
Apply by email to: email@example.com
Applicants must have a valid work visa in place to be considered for this role.