Exciting Graduate Controls Engineering role in Ward Automation, one of Irelands leading developers of custom designed automated equipment for the cutting edge medical device and pharmaceutical industries.
Located in the ever popular Galway City, the role involves work on a continuous stream of new and interesting projects, working with advanced controls engineering technologies including robots, vision systems, servo-motion control, PLCs, HMIs, electro-pneumatic design and others.
Under direction of a Senior Controls Engineer, as a member of an experienced project team, superb career development opportunity working across multiple controls technologies on a range of technical projects.
• Coordinate with Project Lead to design, develop, program and implement robust control systems that enable client ordered machinery and equipment to operate as intended, safely and reliably.
• Apply state of the art technology in order to deliver to the highest levels of customer satisfaction within agreed time, quality and cost constraints.
• Ensures best machine control practices are employed in new designs and updates
Under supervision and direction of Senior Engineer:
• Design of electrical control panels schematic and layout for industrial machinery using electrical design CAD software
• Design of machine field wiring plans
• Component Selection
• Machine power-up and test
• Generates supporting documentation
• Create Functional Specification and other required documents for customer approval
• Develop Human Machine Interface (HMI) in accordance with design documents to meet functional requirements
• Develop code for PLC, servomotion controllers, robotic controllers, temperature controllers, mass flow controllers and other industrial controllers.
• Develop database and reporting functions
• Develop control configuration or programming in line with design documents
• Implement data transfer methodologies that maximize throughput while ensuring data integrity
• Implement security methodology in accordance with stakeholder requirements
• Review configuration and programming in order to establish compliance with functional specifications
Testing and Installation
• Install configuration and programs into target devices
• Perform testing in accordance with design documents and test plans to verify and validate device operation
Coordination, Documentation and Quality
• Actively participate in all project phases including design, fabrication, integration, testing and installation, production start-up support, training of personnel and technology transfer.
• Provide accurate and timely cost and time estimates to Project Leads
• Resolve operational issues relating to projects and minimize delays or unexpected cost increases
• Provide and maintain necessary software related documentation including requirements, design, test plans and user guides.
• Report on project activities on a pre-determined basis. Ensure results meet customer expectations and applicable design standards
• Ensure coding standards compliance through Peer Code reviews