Working as part of a team in one of Irelands leading automation companies, the successful candidate will be responsible for design, build, programming, commissioning and test of cutting edge new equipment. The role is based in Galway City.
Working with our engineering team, develops new automated R&D, manufacturing and test equipment for use in the medical device and pharmaceutical industries. Independently, or as part of a team, plans, develops and debugs complex automated equipment software systems.
Defines and specifies appropriate controls hardware and develops robust software solutions Development of functional specifications, software code and test procedures.
Candidates should have proven experience in the following areas:
- PLC programming (Allen-Bradley preferred)
- HMI Design
- Servomotion control
- Instrumentation, PID, temperature control
- Equipment Electrical and Safety Design to EU directives
- Controls hardware selection
- Project Management Skills with ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- Competent organisational and communication skills, comfortable in customer-facing situations
- Proficient in documentation generation, interpreting User Requirements, writing Functional Specifications etc.
Experience in the following areas is also desirable:
VB.net, VB6 and VBA programming
Labview programming Electrical Design