This role is responsible for applying theory and principles of electrical engineering to build, upgrade, modify, test and debug complex automated equipment under direction of engineering staff.
- Read and interpret electrical drawings and schematics and to build assemble upgrade electrical control systems for automated machinery or equipment.
- Apply manufacturing and assembly methods, tools, procedures, techniques and instruments to deliver output that meets highest quality standards and customer requirements and expectations.
- Assemble electrical or electronic systems or support structures and install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, or assembly casings
- Inspect drawings for clarity and liaise with electrical design engineers.
- Review existing electrical engineering criteria to identify necessary revisions, deletions, or amendments to outdated material
- Test, troubleshoot and validate equipment performance, compliance to applicable standards and technical specifications.
- Build, Inspect or test wiring installations, assemblies, or circuits for resistance factors or for operation and record results
Project and other activities
- Provide accurate duration and effort estimates for planned builds.
- Complete assigned work within agreed timelines and quality targets
- Where agreed timelines are no longer realistic, proactively inform project lead for immediate corrective action and adjustments to schedule baseline
- Proactively communicate any potential risks or non-conformance observations
- Confer with supervisors or engineers to plan or review work activities or to resolve production problems. Contribute to the cleanliness, order and housekeeping of the workshop space and parts storage
- Understand and respect health and safety procedures, policies and regulations
- Provide technical assistance in resolving electrical engineering problems encountered before, during, or after construction. Provide training to junior technicians as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified Electrician Level 6
- At least 3 years experience in build and debug of automated equipment, with exposure to PLCs, motion control systems, PC based systems, actuators and pneumatics
- Strong technical aptitude and competent at debug of complex equipment
Apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org